Product Manager - Technical
SUMMARY: The eCARE Technical Product Manager will support the Avel Products and associated pilot programs and service line by managing the research, testing, and piloting of new technologies to be used in existing service lines and products, as well as coordinating work with strategic vendor partners. The eCare Technical Product Manager will also provide general technical support, customer service response and analytical reporting for all stakeholders. The eCare Technical Product Manager will manage the technical aspects of new products, pilots, and grant programs. The Technical Product Manager will work with existing vendors to establish best practices with the new technologies in troubleshooting and implementation of products. The Technical Product Manager will act as a liaison between eCARE, IT, Product leads and vendors to deliver highest quality of product to our end users.
- Drive entire technology product lifecycle, working closely with service lines, Product Directors, and Partners (industry intelligence, conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration and retirement).
- Evaluates and implements design modifications and other product initiatives to improve existing products and associated services offered to staff and customers to meet product objectives. Works with Director, management and other personnel as needed, in evaluating, analyzing, establishing, and modifying product designs, and delivery to ensure ongoing success of assigned products. Balance user and customer needs, technical considerations, and business viability to develop successful products.
- Introduces new technologies to the team. Works IT, IT security, and other internal departments to develop product requirements, review options, and create launch plans. Ensures effective communication/training strategies, develops key messaging, and produces product materials and training and support collateral.
- Create and communicate a strategy for your area of focus that is in line with user/customer needs and our overall product strategy. Regularly update stakeholders on work and findings.
- Manage and implement new pilot products, including ordering necessary equipment, basic installation and set-up, downtime notification, provider technical training, and user documentation, etc.
- For new launches, provide general technical and customer service support to the stakeholders of various telemedicine platforms, to include installation support, troubleshooting assistance, navigation of IT issues, and assurance of issue resolution while providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Create a detail report of challenges, barriers, and successes for each new project.
- Train end users on new product and equipment and establishing guidelines and policies for troubleshooting with the end user. Develop training documentation for all new platforms established for service lines Interact with end-users to manage the resolution of problems relating to Product technical equipment.
- Analyze and develop new procedures for technical duties, formulate technical documentation and develop new troubleshooting strategies to help reduce downtime.
- Manage all new updates from vendors on Software platforms and releasing the documentation to customer sites and provider. Document a list of changes we have requested of vendors and follow up with clinicians on release dates for these changes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university, required, preferably in a business or technical field. Masters degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years technical experience required, videoconferencing experience required.
- At least three years related experience in customer service, technical support or related field required.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avel automobile liability insurance carrier.
- Certification in project management is preferred.