Business Systems Manager
General Hours: Monday - Friday (Days)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Department: Information Technology
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
The Business Systems Manager will support the Avel Products and associated programs and service lines by managing the research, testing, and piloting of new technologies to be used in existing service lines and products, as well as enhancements to existing systems and applications. This position must be able to effectively perform and communicate cross-functionally between clinical users, product development, technology, and vendor partners. The Business Systems Manager will exhibit and foster a culture of Service and provide general technical support, customer service response, and analytical reporting for stakeholders. The Business System Manager will work on continuous improvement of IT (Information Technology) procedures and the SDLC process, as well as with existing vendors to establish best practices with new technologies in troubleshooting and implementation of products. This position is a hands-on manager role.
- Drive entire technology product lifecycle, working closely with service lines, Product Directors, and Partners (industry intelligence, conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration, and retirement).
- Evaluates and implements design modifications and other product initiatives to improve existing products and associated services offered to staff and customers to meet product objectives. Works with Director, management and other personnel as needed, in evaluating, analyzing, establishing, and modifying product designs, and delivery to ensure ongoing success of assigned products. Balance user and customer needs, technical considerations, and business viability to develop successful products.
- Drive the success of enhancements and new technology by evaluating need, priority, fit, requirement elucidation, sign off, development, testing, and rollout within a controlled SOC2 environment.
- Manage and implement new pilot products, including ordering necessary equipment, basic installation and set-up, downtime notification, physician technical training, and user documentation.
- Create and communicate a strategy for your area of focus that is in line with user/customer needs and our overall product strategy. Regularly update stakeholders on work and findings.
- For new launches, provide general technical and customer service support to the stakeholders of various telemedicine platforms, to include installation support, troubleshooting assistance, navigation of IT issues, and assurance of issue resolution while providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Create a detailed report of challenges, barriers, and successes for each new project.
- Train end users on new product and equipment and establishing guidelines and policies for troubleshooting with the end user. Develop training documentation for all new platforms established for service lines Interact with end-users to manage the resolution of problems relating to Product technical equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in a business or technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of technical experience in a business or systems analyst role required, preferably with leadership experience.
- Deep understanding of the product and software development lifecycle and best practices required.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders are required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare or clinical setting strongly preferred.