Pharmacist - PRN
General Hours: Days/Evenings/Nights (including weekends and holidays; rotating shifts; shifts are determined by staffing plan)
Exempt Status: Nonexempt (Hourly)
Provides pharmaceutical care, which includes all medication related activities provided directly to the patient with definite outcomes intended to improve the patient’s quality of life. The Pharmacist must accept personal responsibility and accountability for the patient’s outcomes.
- Reviews prescriber medication orders for safety and efficacy. Approves medication for dispensing to patients at contracted hospitals.
- Evaluate medication therapy of patients and makes recommendations to physicians and other prescribers to provide the best possible therapy for the patient in the most efficient manner while maintaining ASHP standards of pharmaceutical care.
- Provides drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific factors and performs satisfactorily related to patient’s age neonate through geriatrics as noted on competencies.
- Responsible for data collection, pharmacy intervention documentation, adverse drug reaction reporting, drug utilization evaluation, and quality assurance audits.
- Maintains customer-service focus to achieve excellent working relationship with the remote contracted facilities.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered Pharmacist in the state of South Dakota required.
- Pharmacist licensure in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming are required within the first 4 months of hire. Additional states may be added as our service area expands.