Associate Product Innovation Manager
General Hours: Monday through Friday (typically days)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Department: Product Innovation
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
The Associate Product Innovation Manager is an integral part of the Product Team’s responsibility for successfully bringing Avel’s products to market by bridging the gap among the different departments involved, including Clinical Teams, IT, Business Development, Customer Support, Marketing and Legal. This role manages the products through the product life cycle, from concept to end of line and develop and maintain a product roadmap. The Associate Product Manager works within the Product Innovation team whose goals include creation and launch of products that meet consumers’ needs. This role will manage product reviews and product development including supporting business plans, work plans, pricings, contract work and other key aspects of the project. In addition, the Associate Product Manager will be responsible for supporting rapid cycle improvement and obtaining and maintaining product success. The Product Manager requires self-direction, responsibility, excellent inter-personal skills and travel.
- Responsible for supporting the success of one or more products; partnering with the service lines, leaders, and other stakeholders to support the product from concept to end-of-life. This includes market intelligence, conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration, and retirement.
- Contribute to the development and own the planning and Product Roadmap for both new and existing products; including defining the product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with Product Analytics and Product Technology teams to bring forward expertise to new and existing product review and ongoing monitoring.
- Regularly engages the target market to understand customers’ needs and wants. Defines product requirements and support the development of the product according to customer themes.
- Understands and articulates the value of the product to customers and works closely with customers and stakeholders to understand their willingness to pay.
- Work closely with Product Analytics and other stakeholders to develop and monitor KPIs and metrics across product performance, product effectiveness, customer satisfaction and process execution to ensure performance expectations are being met.
- Execute process improvement solutions using data analysis and optimization tools to support strategic process improvement plans.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of new service lines partnering with multiple stakeholders. Ensure effective coordination of cross-functional project teams. Coordinate regular meetings and ensure that all team members are kept up to date of group goals, activities and policies. Build support for the product strategy with key internal stakeholders. Facilitate the growth and the day-to-day operations of assigned pilots in conjunction with clinical leadership and multi-disciplinary teams. Ensure clarity of program goals and objectives and achievement of those objectives. Review and escalate issues related to budget, clinical quality indicators, operational performance, and customer satisfaction during the ramp up, adjusting operations to address performance issues.
- Refine business plans for new service lines, including modifying service scope, technology solution, pricing, or metrics to meet customer and hub needs. Identifying sources of revenue for long term sustainability.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Management/Economics, Healthcare, Public Administration or related field is required. Masters degree preferred.
• Three years of business development, innovation or project management experience preferred
• Health care experience preferred. Clinical experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
• This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avel automobile liability insurance carrier.