Registered Nurse - eEmergency
General Hours of Work: 12-hour rotating shifts (with weekend/holiday involvement)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Schedule: Part Time (48 hours/2 weeks, 0.6 FTE)
This opportunity may be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus.
Avel requires all nurses to practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of practice are exemplified within the position description. The Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide nursing care for the patient. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual actions and outcomes of patient care delivered on his/her shift.
The Registered Nurse will work with rural hospitals across the country via 3-way video and audio technology to provide Emergency care within the American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards. In addition to providing Emergency care, the Registered Nurse may also be requested to assist with transfer arrangements, dispatching transport teams and other tasks to support bedside staff. The Registered Nurse collaborates with board-certified Emergency Room physicians when providing care virtually.
- Assessment: Collects patient health data.
- Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnoses/problem focus.
- Outcome Identification: Identifies expected outcomes/goals individualized to the patient.
- Planning: Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation: Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluation: Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of the outcomes.
- Quality of Care: Systemically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Performance Appraisal: Evaluates his/her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Education: Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Collegiality: Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
- Ethics: Decisions and actions on behalf of clients are determined in a manner consistent with the ANA’s code of ethics.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing patient care.
- Research: Utilizes research/evidence-based findings in practice if appropriate.
- Resource Utilization: Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering patient care.
- Leadership: The registered nurse provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Technology: Knowledge and skills sufficient to integrate the use of health care technology and/or information management systems into the provision of nursing care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- ER experience strongly preferred; hospital experience required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota or meeting the enhanced Nursing Compact Licensure (eNLC) requirements is required.
- RN Licensure required, within the states that e-Emergency is providing service, within 120 days of hire.
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization preferred.
- Completion of the Child Abuse & Dependent Adult Abuse courses for Iowa Mandatory Reporters within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.