Support Specialist - PRN - ICU
General Hours: 12-hour shifts; day/night rotation; weekend and holiday rotation
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This position may be eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Performs complex secretarial duties and is responsible for the facilitation and specialized support of Avel Critical Care. This includes, data entry management, password management, computer troubleshooting and coordination of communication between multiple members of the health care team and customer sites/ with minimal supervision. Provides guidance to other staff regarding workflow and patient updates. Demonstrates efficiency with reception/secretarial software functions and office equipment including phone systems.
- Receives data and inputs information into various computer systems, databases, and spreadsheets as directed. Performs duties in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs generalized secretarial duties in an accurate and timely manner to include, but not be limited to: transposes handwritten or verbal communication to a typed format, edits all typing for typos and correct as necessary, makes copies of products as requested, collate, assemble, and distribute information as directed.
- Assists with password process for Avel employees. This includes setting up initial passwords, assisting with contacting multiple internal and external ICU monitored sites for resetting password and entry of password info into the single sign on system.
- Assists with troubleshooting and problem solving of IT issues. This includes filing Chill Tickets, following up on issues, education of other employees, working with individual site personnel, communicating with Avel IT personnel, etc.
- Receives incoming communication (phone, instant messaging, verbal or fax) and relays it to the appropriate team member in a timely manner. Communicates with customer sites as needed.
- Assist with data gathering and compiles results for quality improvement projects and efficiency projects, as well as any project that is assigned.
- Performs tasks, as directed by manager/director, to assist in efficient operation of the eICU unit.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Healthcare background and one year of Medical secretarial school preferred.
- Two or more years of secretarial experience in similar work environment required.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.