The Avel eCare Hospitalist service offers opportunity for a wide variety of practice by providing care to patients located primarily in critical access and small to mid size community hospitals across several states. The physician team is passionate about bringing high quality care to patients via telemedicine. Standard duties include admissions, consults, rapid responses/code blue and cross cover.
General Hours: 12-hour shifts of night coverage, approximately 6p-6a or 7p-7a central time, includes weekends and holidays.
Department: Avel eCare Hospitalist Department
Specialty: Internal Medicine/Nocturnist
Schedule: Flexible scheduling, minimum of 4 shifts per month
Part-Time and Full-Time positions available.
- Telemedicine with ability to work clinic shifts from home set up.
- Patients located across multiple states and facilities with eCare providing support for licensing, credentialing and informatics. Expenses covered for most licensure and telemedicine equipment needed.
- Variety of virtual practice location ranging from very small critical access hospitals to community hospital.
- Collaborate with the local bedside clinical team to enhance patient care.
- Flexible scheduling.
- 4 – 10 12-hour shifts/month is part time, 11 12-hour shifts/month is full time, employed or independent contractor status accepted.
- Competitive Salary.
- CME stipend.
- Employer provided health insurance and retirement available depending on scheduled hours.
- MD or DO.
- Completion of ACGME-approved IM residency training.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- ACLS certification, or willing to obtain.
- 3 years' experience as hospitalist at a community hospital or larger.
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states via the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact.
- Excellent communication skills with motivation to develop customer service expertise.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.