Vice President and General Manager
General Hours of Work: Monday-Friday (with evening and weekend involvement)
Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
Directs and manages all clinical, financial, and operational aspects of the Avel eCare Senior Care & School Health Service Line and all clinical and operational staff. Responsible for meeting strategic, operational, clinical, and financial objectives for the service line. Ensures contracted service levels are achieved for all customers. Responsible for the strategic planning and development work for the service line to adapt, grow, and expand. Responsible for the integration of eCare Senior Care & School Health services for all customers involved from the customer site, specifically the cultural adaptation of the service line including change management support, gap analysis, staffing model consultation, and work process impacts. In collaboration with the Avel account managers and business development team responsible for the oversight of ongoing customer relations and retention of customers. Responsible for the daily and strategic quality initiatives for the Service Lines and ensuring those are being met. Ensures in conjunction with finance all proper financial policies and procedures are followed for the service line including billing protocol for CMS as needed. Responsible to help oversee regulatory management for the service line and compliance with legal and compliance considerations.
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day operation of Avel eCare Senior Care and School Health Services.
- Review, establish, and direct the implementation of operating policies, procedures, and plans for Avel eCare Senior Care and School Health Services. Review and establish job responsibilities and authority, objectives, and standards of performance for subordinates.
- Collaborate with customers to implement and refine processes on an ongoing basis to improve patient care and safety.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret data to guide activities and improve patient care. This includes analyzing data, discussing thresholds, and developing processes to address variances and/or improve care.
- Develop, submit, and implement workforce and organization plans for each Service Line that will assure growth and development of the service line that are aligned with strategic initiatives of eCare.
- Accountable to achieve targets for the annual quality plan for each Service Line. Assist in the development and execution of the quality plans for each service line including its objectives and goals.
- Review and establish job responsibilities and authority, objectives, and standards of performance for subordinates.
- Prepare and manage annual department budget. Provide effective fiscal management to assure that budgeted objectives are achieved and that cost and expense objectives are met. Oversee in conjunction with finance all billing protocol for accuracy and regulatory compliance as applicable.
- Interact in conjunction with the account management team with end-users to manage the resolution of problems relating to Avel eCare Senior Care areas of responsibility and ensure retention of all customer types.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures for the analysis, collection and maintenance of records as needed by the Quality Assurance Department, JCAHO accreditation, OSHA guidelines or as may be required by the law.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of Long Term Care leadership experience is preferred.
- Strong staff development and management skills required.
- Strong history of budget and fiduciary responsibility preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avel Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.