Senior Financial Analyst
General Hours of Work: Monday - Friday
Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the FP&A organization at Avel. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in our financial planning and analysis and pricing functions, and partner closely with the business to drive budget accountability, forecasting processes, pricing and business analytics. This position will report to the Vice President of FP&A. This is an integral role within the organization responsible for helping to build a best-in-class finance organization.
- Support the FP&A function, with an emphasis on strategic business partnering, automation, and process improvement. Own the modeling for the annual budget process, strategic plan, and capital plan processes, as well as monthly forecast processes, monthly reports / business reviews. Deliver financial reporting and narrative results to Service Line and cost center leaders. Help identify strategies to manage / improve margin.
- Support the pricing function by building out pricing analytics processes. Develop repeatable processes to support the evaluation of pricing action effectiveness / ROI, build and maintain pricing analytics databases, develop customer profitability assessments. Provide support for pricing committee reviews of non-standard deals, and new product pricing models.
- Provide ad hoc support as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, accounting or finance
- Over 3 years progressive finance and pricing experience in public company environments
- Strong experience with ERPs, SQL, digital finance tools preferred
- Experience merging and managing large disaggregated data sets and developing repeatable financial analyses
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff with a high level of follow up ability
- Detail oriented, accurate and able to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills with advanced MS-Excel skills
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avel automobile liability insurance carrier.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.