Respiratory Therapist - PRN
General Hours: Days/Nights (with every other weekend, and holiday involvement, 12 hours rotating shifts)
Department: Respiratory Therapist
Avel eCare will provide Respiratory Therapy (RT) support upon request of the bedside staff or provider for peer-to-peer support in assisting with respiratory care needs. This includes support for all respiratory therapy needs in an advisory role to assist capacity such as ventilator set up and management, inhaled medication management and education, RT equipment guidance and troubleshooting, assistance with all methods of oxygen delivery, RT education, and collaboration with bedside staff.
- Upon request of the bedside staff or provider for peer-to peer support in assisting with respiratory care needs. This includes advisory support, but not limited to, assistance for all respiratory support such as Noninvasive and/or set up and management, inhaled medication management and Respiratory Education.
- Respiratory equipment guidance and troubleshooting.
- Consults intake process by gathering information on the patient, type and scope of consult.
- Reviews preliminary patient H&P and makes therapy recommendations to eCare Physician.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required.
- A graduate of an A.M.A approved school of Respiratory preferred.
- Required to have 2 years of pediatric, adult critical care experience.
- Preferred to have 2 years of neonatal critical care experience.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner/Respiratory Therapist in the State of South Dakota is required.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner/Respiratory Therapist licensure in the state that e-Respiratory Care is providing service within 120 days of hire.
- Must obtain the BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Completion of the Child Abuse & Dependent Adult Abuse courses for Iowa Mandatory Reporters within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.