Service Desk Engineer III
General Hours: Monday – Friday (Days), with weekend, evening, night, holiday, and call time involvement.
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Department: Information Technology
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
The Service Desk Engineer III assists in the maintenance, support, and installation of devices and software for end users and customers. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software while ensuring optimal performance. Provides support and maintenance of technologies as required to improve customers’ ability to leverage technology to support clinical operations. Assists management with complex projects and assumes ongoing support of system infrastructure.
- Serves as escalation point and technical lead for Service Desk team members.
- Packages and deploys applications and updates in accordance with release management standards.
- Provisions access for end users across platforms.
- Assists with customer equipment implementations as needed.
- Performs tasks assigned from projects.
- Interacts with end-users and customers to obtain clarification of problems and provide resolution for system failures or degradations.
- Utilizes a ticket system to track work orders and escalate as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots devices and software to determine the source of malfunctions.
- Sets up, installs, and maintains hardware and software for end users and customers.
- Maintains logs and device inventories, as well as appropriate documentation including application notes, drawings, and configuration information.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, documentation, and success of changes.
- Consults with management and/or senior IT members to solve operational/repair/maintenance problems and help design methods and procedures to improve the efficiency, productivity and control of these operations.
- Participates in rotational on-call support schedule for urgent issues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in related area preferred.
- Hands on experience with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- 5 years related experience and/or training preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Microsoft or other relevant network, systems, or administration certifications are preferred.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.