Registered Nurse - Senior Care - Full Time
General Hours of Work: Variable Shifts (Monday-Sunday including weekend/holiday rotation)
Exempt/Nonexempt: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Department: Senior Care
Schedule: Full Time (72 hours/2 weeks, 0.9 FTE)
The RN is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide nursing care through innovative means for assisted living, long term care residents, and other populations through two-way phone & video technology. The RN will play an integral role in the management of the day-to-day functioning of the Advanced Practice Providers and Physicians in the Senior Care Service line. The RN is instrumental in the daily operations of the Senior Care Service Lines and will focus streaming how information is triaged to assure efficient processes are in place and the team is meeting responsiveness expectations. The position will collaborate closely with other clinical members of the Senior Care team to review long-term care residents, post-acute care residents and assisted living residents in sites we serve. The RN will coordinate both the clinical components and operational components of the Senior Care Service line. The RN will answer home care afterhours patient/caregiver calls to improve outcomes by providing knowledge that empowers self management of their healthcare conditions and reduces unnecessary visits to the emergency department. RN will communicate to the health care team (Hospice, Home Health and Care Transition) as indicated.
The RN will complete documentation for various areas of the clinical work being conducted, register and document proper information for new residents in the program, coordinate aspects of the business and service carried out by the Senior Care Medical Director and service line. This position will cross train to the other nursing functions within eCARE Senior Care as needed.
- Assessment/Diagnosis: Collects resident health data, obtains prior medical record from medical facilities, nursing facilities, or assisted living facilities as applicable. Helps assisted living sites by assessing residents via two-way video technologies. Advises and delegates resident care, as appropriate. Analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnosis/problem focus for all pillars of services within Senior Care.
- Outcome Identification/Planning: Identifies expected outcomes/goals individualized to the resident. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering resident care.
- Implementation/Evaluation: Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care coordinating efforts with the local care team and eCare provider as appropriate. Evaluate residents’ progress toward attainment of the outcomes and obtains orders for new interventions if needed.
- Quality of Care: Collaborates with eCare and rural providers, nursing staff, universal workers, residents and others to ensure the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Efficient in the use of various EMR processes.
- Collaborates with the management team in developing facility project support.
- Works closely with internal and external partners on performance improvement project.
- Participates in advanced care planning discussions.
- Assists with the development, and implementation of the organizational plans which assures growth and development of the service line that are aligned with strategic initiatives of Avel eCare Senior Care.
- Assists with the benchmark goals to guide the service line activities and effectively deals with variances. Works with other members of the team to analyze and determine next steps.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited school of Nursing is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university school of nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience required.
- Long Term Care, Assisted Living, or clinic triage experience strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of LTC regulations and quality programs, MDS certification or experience preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in practicing state or meeting the enhanced Nursing Compact Licensure (eNLC) requirements is required.
- RN Licensure required within the states that Ave eCare Senior Care is providing service within 120 days of hire.
- Gerontological Certification within 24 months of hire required.
- Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
- Additional state-specific training and education as required by licensure is required within 120 days of hire.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.