RN - School Nurse - Part Time
General Hours of Work: Day shift, 6 hours, no weekends
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Department: School Health
Schedule: Part Time (48 hours/2 weeks, 0.6 FTE)
The purpose of this position is to provide registered school nurse services to schools via technology on an as needed basis and to support the eSchool Nurse Case Manager. The position may also assist the eSchool Health Director as needed with school implementations.
- Consults with administrators to determine goals and services.
- Serves as a team member in identifying, evaluating, and providing services for children.
- Collects information about the health and developmental status of the student in a systematic and continuous manner.
- Uses data collected about health and developmental status of the student to determine a nursing diagnosis (eCare school nurse utilizes electronic communication, equipment, and UAP assistance in the nursing assessment and care of students).
- Maintains a nursing care plan with specific goals and interventions that are unique to that student’s needs.
- Serves as a liaison between the school and community health and welfare agencies and the medical profession.
- Focuses on prevention of illness, disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems.
- Assists with the maintenance of student health records.
- Communicates with colleagues, parents and students.
- Facilitates referral of students and families to appropriate district and community services.
- Participates in ongoing professional growth.
- Provides care for students with scheduled and unscheduled health needs such as administering medications, treatments, and procedures as directed by the student’s physician and District policy.
- Supervises staff in delegated tasks.
- Provides health education for students, staff, and parents.
- Maintains and assures confidentiality of information.
- Reports all findings to RN eSchool Nurse Case Manager or eSchool Health Director.
- Participates in professional and/or community organizations.
- Complies with school district policies and operating procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in the health care field, preferable community health, pediatrics and/or mental health preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with one unrestricted state license is required.
- RN licensure required within the states that eSchool is providing service within 120 days of employment.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.