Director of Business Development
General Hours of Work: Monday-Friday (Days)
Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt (Salaried)
Department/Unit: Sales and Business Development
Schedule: Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks, 1.0 FTE)
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the achievement of Avel eCare growth targets in each of its service lines. As the Director of Business Development, this individual will promote Avel eCare Service lines to prospective clients and ensure the retention of existing clients. The Director of Business Development will coordinate their activities with the VP of Business Development, Medical Director and other Avel Leadership to ensure prospects are identified and approached in the best interest of the prospect and Avel eCare. This individual interacts with multiple stakeholders, must be flexible and willing to develop external and internal relationships to drive results. The Director of Business Development requires self-direction, responsibility and significant travel. Position is measured by ability to grow and retain Avel eCare Service Line Customers.
- Designs and communicates the value proposition of all Avel eCare Services to prospects and cross selling to existing customers. Responsible for in-depth customer knowledge that will support effective communication skills to expand the awareness of Avel eCare Services across internal and external customers.
- Coordinates the sales process from the first contact to client sales meetings, to sales closure and assists in the implementation process of Avel eCare services.
- Develop and maintain prospective client list and perform a needs assessment ensuring a consistent pipeline of prospects.
- Performs an assessment of existing clients identifying cross-selling opportunities and retention risks. Uses this information to take the appropriate action considering the best interests of the Client and Avel eCare.
- Provides a monthly sales and retention report which outlines sales activities, current sales strategy, client retention risk, and potential service line opportunities.
- Collaborates with Avel eCare Marketing and is responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of all marketing, advertising, and promotional materials. Reviews effectiveness and recommends marketing plan revisions as appropriate.
- Benchmarks Avel eCare service lines against like competitors and communicates findings to service line leaders.
- Develops ongoing relationships with strategic partners such as tertiary hospitals, national and state associations, and business partners.
- Responsible for alerting Avel eCare Leadership on potential issues affecting new and existing business relationships and providing recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to travel extensively and participate in state medical associations, national conferences, and social events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business, or related field preferred.
- Experience is preferred in the healthcare industry.
- Experience in sales & promotion of Healthcare Services preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATION:
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avel eCare automobile liability insurance carrier.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.