Registered Nurse - Hospitalist - PRN
General Hours of Work: 12-hour shifts (Day/Evening/Night Shift/Varied Shifts)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Hospitalist RN-C is accountable for supporting the eHospitalist physicians and Acute Inpatient healthcare team. Assists in managing the eHospitalist’s patients by completing tasks required to expedite patient care. The RN will assist the physicians and serve as a link in gathering clinical data to ensure continuity of patient care. The RN will follow-up on physician orders, identifying potential delays in care and assure communication between all members of the care team, patients and families.
- Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnoses/problem focus.
- Outcome Identification: Identifies expected outcomes/goals individualized to the patient.
- Planning: Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes. If transfer of the patient is needed, follows policies, protocols and specific algorithms.
- Implementation: Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluation: Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of the outcomes.
- Quality of Care: Systemically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Performance Appraisal: Evaluates his/her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Education: Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Collegiality: Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others. Maintains customer service skills to meet the needs of our customers.
- Ethics: Decisions and actions on behalf of clients are determined in a manner consistent with the ANA’s code of ethics.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with unit specific physicians and nurses as well as health care providers including specialists in providing patient care across the eCare system.
- Research: Utilizes research/evidence-based findings in practice if appropriate.
- Resource Utilization: Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering patient care.
- Leadership: The registered nurse provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Technology: Recognizes the need for knowledge and skills sufficient to integrate the use of health care technology and/or information management systems into the provision of nursing care.
- Serves as a liaison between the eHospitalist and referring and/or attending provider.
- Ensures that there is outstanding communication regarding the patients’ condition to the referring physicians and families.
- Positively promotes the eHospitalist program to other physicians, staff, patients and families.
- Works collaboratively with the eHospitalist physician and Acute Inpatient team as physician extenders to assure patients receive timely, thorough, and accurate assessments. Reports and documents assessment findings and test results to the physician in a timely manner.
- Assists the Hospitalist and Intensivist physicians in the collection of clinical data and assisting with new consults. Documentation in the record is appropriate, accurate and timely.
- Serves as a liaison with external physicians, hospitals and other agencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an approved nursing program.
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with one unrestricted state license is required.
- RN Licensure required, within the states that eHospitalist is providing service, within 120 days of hire.
- Completion of state specific certification/education within the initial and renewal time periods is required.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.