Avel eCare ICU provides ongoing monitoring, on-demand consultation and immediate intervention that hospitals need for critically ill patients.
Avel’s interactive video, decision-support software and remote monitoring technology allow the ICU critical care team to monitor trends in patients’ vital signs. Meanwhile, sophisticated predictive analytics recognize and alert to subtle changes in patient status – allowing local care teams to respond faster when a critical change occurs. Avel intensivists become credentialed and privileged at originating facilities, which also allows them to provide orders and care for patients as needed.
General Hours: 12-hour shift coverage; this position will cover primarily night shifts (8:00pm – 8:00am CST)
Department: Avel eCare ICU
Specialty: Critical Care Medicine/Noctensivist
Schedule: Flexible scheduling, 9 shifts per month (0.75 FTE)
Independent contractor or employed opportunity available.
- Telemedicine with ability to work shifts from home set up.
- Opportunity to provide expertise and care for varied patient populations and acuity.
- Patients located across multiple states and facilities with eCare providing support for licensing, credentialing and informatics. Expenses covered for most licensure and telemedicine equipment needed.
- Collaborate with the local bedside clinical team to enhance patient care.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Competitive Salary.
- May be eligible for benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, and CME allowance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- MD or DO degree required.
- Completion of Critical Care or Neurocritical Care fellowship required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be Board certified or Board eligible in Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties/American Osteopathic Association or Neurocritical Care Certification by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialities.
- ACLS certification required.
- Active DEA certification required.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.