Registered Nurse - PRN - ICU
General Hours of Work: Rotating shifts (with weekend/holiday involvement, 12 hour shifts)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Schedule: PRN (min. of 2 shifts/6 weeks)
Avel eCare Critical Care is a remote monitoring and management system. It networks multiple critical care sites into a central Avel Critical Care center. The Avel Critical Care RN is responsible for monitoring critical care patients and assisting inpatient bedside teams to respond to individual patient needs. They provide support and act as a resource for the bedside teams. The Avel Critical Care nurse uses the ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process as they collaborate with bedside providers. The Avel Critical Care RN utilizes independent and interdependent nursing judgment in their practice.
- Assessment: Collects patient health data.
- Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnoses/problem focus.
- Outcome Identification: Identifies expected outcomes/goals individualized to the patient.
- Planning: Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation: Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluation: Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of the outcomes.
- Quality of Care: Systemically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Performance Appraisal: Evaluates his/her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Education: Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Collegiality: Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
- Ethics: Decisions and actions on behalf of clients are determined in a manner consistent with the ANA’s code of ethics.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing patient care.
- Research: Utilizes research/evidence-based findings in practice if appropriate.
- Resource Utilization: Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning and delivering patient care.
- Leadership: The registered nurse provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Technology: Knowledge and skills sufficient to integrate the use of health care technology and/or information management systems into the provision of nursing care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
- A minimum of 1 year of RN critical care experience is required.
- 5 years of RN critical care experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with one unrestricted state license is required.
- RN Licensure required within the states that e-ICU is providing service within 120 days of hire.
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization preferred.
- Completion of state specific certification/education within the initial and renewal time periods is required.
About Avel eCare
Avel eCare is a nationally recognized telemedicine care provider offering the largest and most comprehensive virtual health networks in the world. Based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Avel operates a multispecialty telemedicine network, partnering with more than 650 health care systems, rural hospitals, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, school districts, prisons, skilled nursing facilities and law enforcement agencies to deliver innovative telemedicine care across the country.
During the past three decades, Avel has developed eight distinct telehealth services, —Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Emergency, Hospitalist, Pharmacy, Specialty Care, Senior Care and School Health—in response to needs expressed by the communities and clinicians whom Avel serves. Within the past year alone, Avel’s virtual health care delivery model has impacted the lives of nearly two million patients. The efficiency of these telehealth services have saved health care costs and unnecessary time and travel for patients and physicians. On a national and world level, we are a model of how telehealth presents effective solutions today and tomorrow’s most daunting challenges.
An innovative spirit among Avel eCare employees provided the spark that started Avel eCare’s telemedicine movement and is what continues to fuel our ability to transform the way healthcare is delivered across the world today. When you join the Avel team, you’ll appreciate the dedication, collaboration and support of other highly skilled professionals who work with you onsite in our virtual hospital hub or through our remote workforce.
Every person and every community deserves access to high quality care. Avel’s experts collaborate with local clinicians through telemedicine, to deliver high quality care when and where it’s needed.
Avel eCare serves as a catalyst for change. We are creating a future of health care without boundaries through Service, Quality, Collaboration, and Innovation.